Croissant wrapped smoked chicken apple sausages and zesty honey mustard sauce are the perfect way to introduce the joy of making food healthy and yummy to the little ones in your life. They're downright delicious for grownups, too!
Tip: Truth be told, there's no pork in these hogs, but the kiddos won't mind. And less fat and calories will give you peace of mind.
Bake and enjoy with homemade honey pucker sauce.
Hogs in a Blanket with Honey Pucker Sauce
Hogs in a Blanket
1 8-oz can reduced fat crescent rolls
8 smoked chicken apple sausages (I used 2 12-oz packs of Aidells, but any brand of fully-cooked sausages will do)
Sesame and/or poppy seeds
1 egg (beaten with 1 teaspoon of water)
Honey Pucker Sauce
1/2 cup brown or deli mustard
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
* Separate dough into triangles along perforated lines
* Place a sausage on the dough at the wide end of the triangle
* Roll sausage toward the narrow tip of the triangle
* Arrange each seam side down on an ungreased non-stick cookie sheet
* Brush lightly with egg wash and water mixture
* (optional) Sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds
* Bake about 15 to 18 minutes until golden brown
Honey Pucker Sauce Directions:
* Combine all ingredients using a wire whisk or fork
* Serve at room temperature or warm on low setting in the microwave