What better way to dress up your Thanksgiving table than with a craft made by the kids? The little ones will be so proud, they'll eat their brussels sprouts.
Two supplies, less than a $2 each, make 4 cutlery pockets.
Here's what you'll need:
* 2 packs of four cotton party favor pouches
* 1 package of felt fall leaf stickers
* happy little cherub willing to help
Stamp "Thank You" on each bag or buy one with a similar saying. I found these at Michael's.
Next, have your child determine where the stickers should go and how many. I'm a total control freak, so I have a hard time letting go of minor details like this but it makes all the difference for the kids.
If I tell my children where pieces should go and which color fits best, they won't feel as involved or proud of their creation. Besides, your guests will love the end result, whether it looks like a Degas or a little bit more Picasso.
Once you've got the felt stickers on, place a heavy book on top for several hours.
Finally, tuck a napkin and utensils into each pouch.
My favorite ways to use these cute cutlery pockets to dress up your Thanksgiving table:
* Display them in a big metal pail for a large down-home style meal.
* Arrange them in a row for easy pick-up on a buffet.
* Place them on top of plates for family-style service.
* Set alongside place setting for a more formal look or plated meals.
I can't wait to see what beautiful ways you displayed these on your Thanksgiving table. Don't forget to share pics!