This is one of my go-to favorite activities to do with my kids in the fall. Every time is like the first because you never know what you'll find, it's often not what you're looking for. Not-to-mention, the beautiful scenery and wildlife. I hope you have as much fun doing this as we do every year.
Leaf Detective Directions:
1. Print a list of native trees and a picture of each leaf type.
2. Grab a pair of binoculars and a grocery bag and head to a trail in a safe forested area.
3. Collect fallen leaves that match the native species list. Use the binoculars to scope out local wildlife along the way.
4. To make a keepsake book, press each leaf onto a piece of paper and use clear tape to completely cover it, then label.
5. Decorate the title page with your child's name as the author. Make a glossary page, too.